Friday 20 March 2015

Arthur Romney Green on eBay

I have noticed that there are two Arthur Romney Green limited edition books currently for sale on eBay, for quite sizeable prices:

Woodwork, by A. R. Green, 1918


  • Woodwork by A. Romney Green - volume 1, 1918. 1 of only 240 copies here.  I have seen this book at Art Library at the Victoria & Albert Museum.  The write up says that 21 of the 31 woodcut illustrations in the book are by Eric Gill although he is not referenced as such.  Gill and Green were good friends.  It also highlights something I was not aware of before which is that there was never a volume 2, "under the stress of war it has become necessary, both on my publisher's account and on my own, to issue this little book in two volumes.  But we hope to publish the second as soon as our affairs resume their normal course."
A Strange Visit by A.R. Green, 1930

  • Strange Visit by A. Romney Green, 1930 - for sale for £575 here.   I wrote about this in my previous post here, only 20 copies were printed.

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of A Craftsman's Anthology by A.Romney Green.1st edition 1948.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of A Craftsman's Anthology by A.Romney Green.1st edition 1948.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...